Back to headlines

img

Saudi security forces seal off cemetery where French Remembrance Day attack took place

RIYADH: Saudi authorities have secured a cemetery for non-Muslims in Jeddah where a blast occurred earlier on Wednesday and injured two people.

Al-Ekhbariya TV channel showed footage of the area around the cemetery and said the situation was stable. Makkah region authorities described the attack as “cowardly” and “unsuccessful,” and said that an employee of the Greek consulate and a Saudi security officer were injured during a Remembrance Day ceremony held by the French consulate in Jeddah.

News source ~ Arab News